Poland or bust!

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

kaliboy
B7
Passat model: B5 Estate

Poland or bust!

Post by kaliboy »

I made it!

Thanks so much to Martin for being so kind and trusting!

I can't believe he let me take his tomtom and maps! Mine wasn't working properly. We didn't have time to mess around so he just let me borrow his!

We made it all the way to the Polish/German border, with no problems at all. Things got interesting after that but nothing major!

The Passat ran perfectly the whole time. I was considering getting the clutch replaced in Poland as it's much cheaper to do it there. Volkswagen have a factory in Poznan where they make commercial vehicles but I went to a main dealer for a price on the clutch. £220 for a fully fitted clutch! the only problem was they didn't have the parts in stock and said it would take 10-14 days to get them from Germany!

If I'd have bought one independantely then they'd still have fitted it for me! Can you imagine a main dealer in the UK offering this service?

I also noticed a lot of German and UK registered crash-damaged cars being transported in to Poland and the Ukraine. I guess that's where we need to look for cheaper parts now!

I really want to thank Martin for being so generous and trusting. It's a real credit to a forum that members would do things like this for each other. I've been involved in VW clubs for a long time now (too long?) and it's been a very long time since I've seen camaraderie like that!

a final note. You definitely ain't Euro if you're not driving a passat...Wink (or a caravelle/Transporter!)

cheers

Matt
Nobody with a good car needs to be justified - Wiseblood 1979

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login