Is This a Scam, Looks like it

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Baby Cheeses
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B3

Is This a Scam, Looks like it

Post by Baby Cheeses »

Doing a quick search yesterday for another car and found this on local Gumtree

2001 Audi A3 TDI 77k in VGC £1100. Sounded like a bargain so i thought i would send the seller an e-mail.
After sending the e-mail i moved my search from Norfolk to Suffolk and found the same advert for the same car with the same seller but in a different area.
Anyway this morning i recieved this e-mail back

First of all , thank you for your interest in purchasing my car :2001 AUDI A3 TDI SPORT 5DOOR SILVER 110BHP . I know that there are numerous offers on the web and I'm glad that you choose to contact me regarding your willingness to purchase .
My car is in perfect condition , with no need for additional repairs, no scratches, dings, special marks whatsoever, never been involved in any accidents. The interior looks great (NO SMOKING). It has 77,000 miles , manual transmission , 1,986 cc , silver exterior and black interior .
I have a clear and clean title for it , no liens or loans ready to be signed and notarized on your name ... My final price is is £1,100 ( not negotiable . no trades ) . Because of my divorce settlement , i own this car and as a woman without driver`s license i don`t need it so i`m trying to get rid of it as soon as possible ( that`s why i`m selling it so cheap ) . All documents, including owner's manual, clear title and a bill of sale on your name will be provided along with the car .

We will use eBay`s Vehicle Purchase Protection plan for our both safety , i want only legit transactions . If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and full address so I can initiate the deal through eBay ( with no further obligation or fees )...

I sent another e-mail back to ask again if there was any service history and why was the car being advertised from two different areas and received this email back this evening

Hi,
First i want to set the deal using my e-mail address and if we have an agreement i will give you a phone call.I choosed this way as i am not there to make a face to face deal!! I had moved in USA after the divorce!
Allow me to explain the payment terms and I am asking you to confirm you agreement:
The payment process will be very simple. It will all be handled by eBay. So mainly you have know that the money will be sent to an eBay agent that will handle our case. The transfer will be verified by the eBay agent and as soon as it confirms they will instruct me to send the car over.
After you receive the car, you will have 5 days for inspection. After this trial period, let the eBay agent what your final decision is. If you keep the car, ONLY then they will release the money to me and the deal will be closed. If you decide from whatever reason that the car is not what I advertised, it will be taken back and your money will be refunded 100% by the eBay agent.
That is it! Simple and safe.
Also in this way you have the chance to pay after you test and receive the car!
If you accept the terms above, email me so I can start the paperwork.
Like mentioned in my previous email, the car is ready to be shipped.It waits for the destination. I need your details to move forward with this deal

Full name:
Full shipping address:

I will be ready to declare you the buyer.

Looking forward to doing business!

Not replied to this as yet but im not interested sounds very fishy to me specially as both adverts have dissapeared from Gumtree

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login