Caution for those with the TAROX big brake kit

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

aposegil
B5.5

Caution for those with the TAROX big brake kit

Post by aposegil »

Hello all

I thought I would post up my experience this week and warning to others out there.

On tuesday night I popped down to ACE cafe. meet went well and on my way to drop of my other half on the A3 (motorway section), I was traveling at speed. I was coming upto two cars started to back off but all of sudden one pulled out infront of me.

Not a problem as I know I had great brakes so when to slow down, sadly this time got a shudder a pop and the brake pedal when straight to the floor.

Very lucky for me the man upstairs was watching over me and the others that night and after making some very sudden moves to avoid a accident I coasted the passat to a stop.

Anyway last night I finaly got round to the car and took the caliper off.

When I put the car back together for E38 pads where about 3-4mm and tarox recomend changing them when they hit 2-3mm

I was going to get new set next month when got paid but hadnt got round to it.

Anyhow I found that the outer pad on my driver side was completely gone just metal backing and as the pistons had traveled futher that should have they had popped out.

What happened to that last 3mm of pad that was on that pad is suprise to me. it come of completely and one small scratch on the metal back so def happened on that braking. Ive been told maybe with them being used/old an dhe heat build up on this braking just killed them off. Not sure if its true but a explanation.

anyhow I am very greatfull that nothing happened to me or anyone else and for that I thank you man upstairs

But please guys if any of you running the tarox kit on your passat or know of anyone running it on their A4 or A6 dont let the pads get low.

I would never want this to happen to anyone else.

p.s guys from Tarox have been more than kind/caring and helpfull with all the advise etc and the fact they would test the calipers etc if they where to blame.
alex
Passat B5 braking
A4 3.0 v6 quattro getting some TLC
ZX9r sold :( best bike ever!

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login