Clocked Car Hell

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

maak

Clocked Car Hell

Post by maak »

Folks,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to be posting this, but I wonder if you friendly folk could offer any advice on the following scenario.

A few months ago my sister and her husband bought a 2004 Golf SE TDi from a trader in West Yorkshire. It looked good and had a reported 48k on the clock with full VW service history. After HPI'ing, they made an offer (£7.5k) and bought the car.

A few days later my sis booked the car in @ VW for a service...and they told her that the car was last serviced at 93k miles !!! So probably done over 100k miles. The service history they had was all FAKE, despite authentic looking stamps!!

To cut a long story short, the trader is claiming he didn't know and it must have been done before he handled it, he won't do a deal or play ball at all. I've rang up a dozen times, but his employees don't have the authority to do anything about it and the owner is always "out". Trading Standards have been involved, but the trader is being so elusive that they are giving up and saying we can either take him to court or put it down to experience! It's fair to say Trading Standards have been useless, and the police haven't taken an interest either.

What suggestions do you folk have? Just wish I had a big lorry so I could park it outside his garage with a big sign saying "This dude sells clocked cars!":twisted: I'm very tempted to set fire to his face too, but ultimately that isn't going to help things.

Any help appreciated here, the car itself is in good nick and it does LOOK like it has only done 48k miles - and I know that 100k miles isn't really a problem for this engine - but I just can't let this dodgy dealer get away with it!

Thanks
Maak

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login