Drive to Italy

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

BikeLugger
B1
Passat model: B5.5

Drive to Italy

Post by BikeLugger »

Seems like ages since I've been on here! That’s what happens when your computer decides to welcome every bit of spyware and virus it can find. When you get it all working you forget what you did on it!

Anyway we went to Italy in the car last month and she never missed a beat :D We totalled up all the fuel used and the mileage and it worked out at 49.8mpg (49.9 displayed in the car) over 2221 miles. Not bad considering all the poo we had in the back and the fact we saw the naughty side of 90 a few times through france. We nearly went round the estate a couple of times to get the mileage up to 2222 but thought better of it. :lol:

I say she never missed a beat, but she did do one extra. More of a bang really as the rear drivers tyre blew at 70mph on the motorway. Looks like it picked up a puncture from something, deflated, overheated finally blowing out the sidewall completely. Didn't damage my rim luckily! A quick change to the spare and 50mins later we had a new tyre on from a local garage. Same model just a different speed rating. And we still made the Ferry. Note to others, Make sure if you have aftermarket rims you keep a set of the original studs as they may have a different seat to your spare! I didn't and mine were!! :oops: They managed a 5min crawl though.

Slept in French lay-bys on the way down and back, much cheaper that a hotel and it saved putting the tent up in the pi**ing rain!

Plenty of room in the back for Paula at 5'4" not so good for me at 5'11" :shock:

Top few days driving around Lago Maggiore drooling over all the motorbikes and taking in the cracking views.

Can recommend it to all!
Matt.

Mk5 Golf GTI
BMW 1150GS
Yamaha XT600e

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login