Gutted.

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Nuclear_Tom
B3

Gutted.

Post by Nuclear_Tom »

Well, took the day off to make the most of the nice weather, go shopping, get my hair cut etc etc, but get rudely awoken by a knock on the door... "Ever so sorry mate, but I've just shattered your rear windscreen". I live next to a park, and the local Councils contracters had flicked up a stone with a strimmer - it must have travelled a good 8m or so before hitting the window!! He said they have seen plenty of cracked windows before, but never a shattered one.

As you can imagine, I'm over the moon. Neither RAC Autowindscreens or the contractors window people have a screen in stock, so it wont be replaced til Wednesday. The glass has scuffed the load cover slightly too, so I'll be pressing for that to be replaced. Getting all the tiny bits of glass off the drive, out of the carpet, out from the bootlid etc will be fun I'm sure.

I've removed all the loose glass and put a nice sheet of plastic over the hole for now, but not keen on driving it at all.

What a ball ache. Perhaps I should have gone to work after all.

1997/R BMW 328i in Boston Green

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login