What Have We Here, Ali Baba?

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

shedweight
B2

What Have We Here, Ali Baba?

Post by shedweight »

Evening All.
The wife was out so I decided to take a trip into the depths of the garage to find my red taillights and boot panel and put them on the car then take a piccy or two.

It was scary in there, let me tell you!
We moved house in September last year and the garage has been the repository for all the poo that should have to be taken down to the dump.
Ever tried to lift a piano by yourself?
I have. I managed to move it all of about two inches before sense prevailed and I gave in.
It's probably just as well - because I would now be typing this lying on the floor and with my baws in a fetching beige NHS baw sling!

Anyway, the boot panel was recovered from the top of a tottering heap of skelfs and rust that was once a shelfing unit.
I also found the two red outer lights but there is no sign at all of the inner pair. They've probably dissolved!

I also found my black and red panel as well and here is a photo of them both.

I will post pictures of both sets on the car when I find my 8mm socket (and all the other sockets, and the ratchet, and etc, etc...).
I must also thank Nick (Thanks Nick!) whose VR6 taillights I bought to replace the dodgy Turdo - sorry - TurboLighted units that I have on at the moment.

This also came to light as I was tunnelling through the dross.

I got it out of a poor old stripped G60 Corrado and only paid a fiver for it.
Never seen one before and I haven't seen one since.
In regard to using it will it bolt on using standard bolts or will it need longer/shorter ones?
Any input would be most welcomed.

Dick Shedweight.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login