I hate floods!

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

erl72
B6
Passat model: B3 2L GT 16v

I hate floods!

Post by erl72 »

Well, yesterday I had to drive through a bit of a lake - that used to be a road. Other cars were going through it so I thought I'd try my luck. Unfortunately the chap infront of me decided to slow to an almost standstill leaving me creeping at about half a mile an hour through the water which I think was about level with the bottom of my doors....

Got round the corner to meet my mate at the stables, pulled into the drive, the revs dropped right down and he conked out. Tried to start him up again but the revs just died straight away. I had the bonnet up and everything was wet. So I left him sat for 20 minutes while I went to have a chat. Tried to start him up when I came back and after some serious revving he stayed running but the idle was bouncing up and down and when I drove off my speedo had packed up as well. Seems to run normally for the rest of the time I think when you've got your foot on the gas, it's just the idle that's buggered and sometimes he seems a bit laboured when pulling away....

Had a bit of a drive this morning and at idle the revs are still bouncing quickly between 1000-1100 revs and the speedo is still bolloxed! :x :(

Since everythings bloody electronic and it was all fine directly before I entered the water then I can only assume there's some water somewhere causing a problem. I'm told that the speedo sender and plug have probably got wet and that there's likely to be some damp in my dizzy. Going to have a look tomorrow morning....

I hate the weather :evil:
Eddi :D 1990 Passat GT 2.0 16v (clickable sig)

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login