victim of bank fraud!!!

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: desertstorm, water01, vwnutant

strictlyVAG
B4

victim of bank fraud!!!

Post by strictlyVAG » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:27 pm

some orrible thieving git has emptied my bank account on saturday night leaving me potless.

i took out £100 on saturday leaving £235 remaining. tried to get another £30 sunday morning to find the lot had gone,

called shabby national today to be told it has been spend on 4 different transactions from 4 different companies, they are going to have 10 day investigation to see if im entitled to my money back!

police didnt seem to care and actually said. its up to the ban k to decide if we need to pursue it futher!

hang in, its fraud which is a crime, your the police so surely its your job?

anyone else had this happen to them before?

:evil:
TDI, 4-motion leather and alcantara, Merc AMG's, coilovers, aero's, short shifter, 145bhp / 249ft/lb upsolute remap

cal
B4

Post by cal » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:57 pm

this has been happening loads around here of late.... :?

that's why i try not to use my card anywhere, cash and cash only for me now

if i use a card i tend to use my credit card as i've got some comeback with that

hope you get it sorted

erl72
B6
Passat model: B3 2L GT 16v

Post by erl72 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:11 pm

I saw a report on the telly a couple of weeks ago that said the police were no longer going to be investigating bank fraud and that it would fall to the anks themselves to do it. As you say, it's bloody fraud and should be dealt with by the police.

I would kick up holy hell - how can they see if you're entitled to your money back? The key word being your money :x

Have a look on http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/ and search to see if anyone's had similar experiences and how they've dealt with it. Funnily enough, I just did a search on there for "bank fraud" after reading your post and the first post that came up was about the Abbey National that another chap has only just posted tonight! :?
Eddi :D 1990 Passat GT 2.0 16v (clickable sig)

woodlehouse
B2

Post by woodlehouse » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:14 pm

hi

i watched a tv programme a few month back on this , the one with trevor mcdonald

there is 35 billion quid worth of card & credit card fraud in ythe uk each year & the coppers aint got a clue so they say its a waste of resources persuing it as the card firms are insured .

is this the attiude they may adopt with other crimes

car theft ?? as they are insured ?
burglaries ??

ITS A BUNCH OF CR4P :twisted: :evil:

so all the thieving smack heads & gypo scum crime lords get away with millions .

yet if we the honest hard working individual gives some druggy scum a slap or 20 they end up in court & jail
even burgalars have more rights to be in your house than you cause you are not allowed to smack em or kill em ...........some times the americans have the right idea .........self defence :D wonder if that would stand up in court if you happened to blow up an entire traveller camp :twisted:

you may have guessed i dont like pickey gypos ...............had a few run in with them in the past ....but thats another story & revenge is best served stone cold 8)

joshwa
B4

Post by joshwa » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:51 pm

Happend to me they took 500 - got it back in the end though.
Previously: 51 Passat 1.9TDI 130PD Sport Estate - gallery - upsolute, rear chrome strip, cruise control, kenwood subwoofer, pioneer 5000ub, 160gb usb hd, oesunshades, isofix - was for sale - 90 Scirocco Scala 1.8i - gallery - (sold), 01 Passat 1.9TDI 100PD S Saloon (chippeduk: ~138) - gallery

strictlyVAG
B4

Post by strictlyVAG » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:06 pm

the annoying thing is, im really careful with my card, i only use it to withdraw money, i dont pay for anything with it, either in shops, over the phone or online

only by paypal which is secured, guess i'll have to wait and see :x
TDI, 4-motion leather and alcantara, Merc AMG's, coilovers, aero's, short shifter, 145bhp / 249ft/lb upsolute remap

colb666
B7
Passat model: Tiguan R-Line

Post by colb666 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:38 pm

Bloody banks take the wee,my wife transferred 2k into an account which we shut last year by mistake.Halifax have now after 17days admitted the cash is there but,they can't electroniclly send it back into the account it came from and they'll have to send us a cheque.Which will take them a few more days no doubt then it'll have to sit in our account waiting for it to clear :evil: :evil: so all in all they've had our 2k for a month and they get any interest on that money.

Robbin shower of sheeeeeeet

bowesyb5syncro
still on the production line

Post by bowesyb5syncro » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:22 pm

i would ask them for the interest too or u want it in cash right there and then its your money not theirs they should never have accepted it if it was a closed account i hate with halifax they just rip people off :evil:
black 99 b5 syncro 30v black tints black angel eyes 18" rs4 k&n 57i full leather

dysdera
still on the production line
Passat model: B6 2.0 140Bhp

Post by dysdera » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:10 pm

Has happened to me 3 times now, once with a cc and twice with the bank.
CC was for £1250, and bank was somewhere in the region of £1200 each time, and I got every penny back on all occasions. The credit card took the longest though at about 3 months.
I am fastidious about security but still got done, so I wouldnt stress too much.