What the hell?

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

madrob6
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B6

What the hell?

Post by madrob6 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:26 am

On my way into work this morning driving as I usually do on the old Devon roads I come around a corner and I'm greeted with the sight of a a mk2 Golf coming at me on my side of the road.

Took me a moment for the idea that somebody was actually driving on the wrong side of the road approaching a corner I hit the anchors and edged the car onto the grass to get around the crazy Golf who suddenly went back to the correct side of the road.

I doubt they'd forgotten which side of the road they were on as there was a car behind on the correct side of the road and they seemed to be heading for the corner trying to get a racing line for some reason (even though I can take that corner at 60 with ease on my side in a huge passat.

Surprisingly undaunted by the fact a Golf driver tried to kill me I carry on my way and around another corner I meet an articulated lorry edging it's way onto my side. This time I brake a little and take the corner a bit wider to give the lorry more room. problem with that was how little road I had left. I clipped the grass a little and had to steer in tighter again once past the lorry and trying not to steer in too the cars behind the huge thing.

Again strangely undaunted I carry on with my journey only to encounter yet another lorry. I meet a lot of lorries on this stretch although normally they leave plenty of room for cars. Not this one I notice as I brake from 60 down to 20 which I don't manage until next to the lorry.

Well that was a fun trip to work and I'm glad I'm not driving home again tonight. Don't know what's going on out there today but thankfully I managed to keep my streak of no crashes :)
B6 TDI with turbo laaaaaaaaaaaag
944 in need of a refresh

joshwa
B4

Post by joshwa » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:25 am

:shock: Sounded like a setup for a joke where the punchline goes something like this...

... and then I remembered I was on holiday in France. :lol:

Some right nuggets on the road, reminds you to be extra careful I guess :)
Previously: 51 Passat 1.9TDI 130PD Sport Estate - gallery - upsolute, rear chrome strip, cruise control, kenwood subwoofer, pioneer 5000ub, 160gb usb hd, oesunshades, isofix - was for sale - 90 Scirocco Scala 1.8i - gallery - (sold), 01 Passat 1.9TDI 100PD S Saloon (chippeduk: ~138) - gallery

biggr5
B2

Post by biggr5 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:17 pm

Friday 13th !!!!

:twisted:
GARETH

b11ndy
B1

Post by b11ndy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:22 pm

ye definetly coz its fri 13th.

BikeLugger
B1
Passat model: B5.5

Post by BikeLugger » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:26 pm

I met a council work crew in their van driving towards me with one wheel on the pavement of my side of the road on a narrow blind bend lined with trees. But as I took an evasive past them to the shocked looks of the driver of a Jeep Cherokee I was now heading towards, I noticed the van had its hazard lights on, that makes it ok then I suppose.....

fools. :evil:
Matt.

Mk5 Golf GTI
BMW 1150GS
Yamaha XT600e