What the hell?

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

madrob6
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B6

What the hell?

Post by madrob6 »

On my way into work this morning driving as I usually do on the old Devon roads I come around a corner and I'm greeted with the sight of a a mk2 Golf coming at me on my side of the road.

Took me a moment for the idea that somebody was actually driving on the wrong side of the road approaching a corner I hit the anchors and edged the car onto the grass to get around the crazy Golf who suddenly went back to the correct side of the road.

I doubt they'd forgotten which side of the road they were on as there was a car behind on the correct side of the road and they seemed to be heading for the corner trying to get a racing line for some reason (even though I can take that corner at 60 with ease on my side in a huge passat.

Surprisingly undaunted by the fact a Golf driver tried to kill me I carry on my way and around another corner I meet an articulated lorry edging it's way onto my side. This time I brake a little and take the corner a bit wider to give the lorry more room. problem with that was how little road I had left. I clipped the grass a little and had to steer in tighter again once past the lorry and trying not to steer in too the cars behind the huge thing.

Again strangely undaunted I carry on with my journey only to encounter yet another lorry. I meet a lot of lorries on this stretch although normally they leave plenty of room for cars. Not this one I notice as I brake from 60 down to 20 which I don't manage until next to the lorry.

Well that was a fun trip to work and I'm glad I'm not driving home again tonight. Don't know what's going on out there today but thankfully I managed to keep my streak of no crashes :)
B6 TDI with turbo laaaaaaaaaaaag
944 in need of a refresh

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login