What is euro?

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

vwmatt
B1
Passat model: B2, B5, CC

What is euro?

Post by vwmatt » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:25 am

Forgive the American for wanting the European's take on what euro style really is. Tell me or show examples what you believe to be the true "euro" style, just curious to see what ya'll think.

mycarsavw
B6
Passat model: B5.5 2.sl0w

Post by mycarsavw » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:46 am

For me it's clean smooth lines, no plastic add on rubbish, a healthy drop and a nice set of wheels - understated all the way. Baloe got it right with his first (?) wagon

Image Image Image Image

Our very own dubbed_up_daz got it right too, check for some his posts.

I think the view on the other side of the pond is airbrushing, two-tone, gold and what-not.

If I'm honest, I get a bit bored of the Euro chat on ClubB5, but I'm sure I'm in the minority :(
Sam :) - clickable sig

biggr5
B2

Post by biggr5 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:30 pm

Not seen that before :shock:

I was thinking of saving for some Schmidt TH Lines too.

That just confirms they look spot on to me !!

I'd agree with the definition of Euro - less is more, small subtle details, smooth smooth smooth, low and dont forget a nice stretch on the tyres.

Only problem is that the Max power, Fastcar lot are cottoning on and copying. Better for good looking cars but then the image gets tarnished by they way the idiots drive and behave. :roll: IMO
GARETH

cal
B4

Post by cal » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:04 pm

low smooth and wide simple :D

petes passion passat
Too much time on your hands

Post by petes passion passat » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:09 pm

below are pics of the same car sone up in different ways...

the first 2 are the normal 'JAP-poo' way which fast car/max power/revs magazine all promote. Massive bumpers, side skirts, huge arches, huge rear spoilers, tastless blingly wheels, stupid loud colours and stickers all over it.....
ImageImage

these next two cars are the true deffinition of the word EURO. Plenty of color coding, stretch tyres, absolute slam ( and i mean absolute!!! AND none of this 'oh, if i go lower it will become impractical rubbish), smooth lines, no bolt on poo ect

the biggest part of the euro look is probly slamming the car. When you cant fit ur finger between the arch and the wheel u no ur lookin euro lol
Shot with KODAK LS753 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2007-06-27
Shot with 6MP-9Y8 at 2007-06-27
http://www.AUTOBAHN25.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;