Passat Brake Failure....WHILE DRIVING!

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

Charlie169
still on the production line
Passat model: B5 20V Turbo

Passat Brake Failure....WHILE DRIVING!

Post by Charlie169 »

as it says, was on my way home from work in rush hour traffic, coming along Outland Road for those of you who know the Plymouth area, and the car felt very sluggish and bogged down :?: i thought at first it might have been a puncture, but there was no vibration. as i slowed up and pressed the clutch the car slowed abnormally quickly for this stretch of road, i drive it alot, and felt as though it was being held on the N/S/R wheel. i pulled off the road into a side road - a hill incidently, and my brake was red hot. first thoughts was it was the handbrake binding, but my friend moved the handbrake and the arm with the cable was moving freely in both directions.

i got in the car with the intention of moving it away from the junction, and the brake pedal was rock solid. i took the handbrake and went to pull off up the hill and the old girl stalled. decided to see how bad it was and then took the car out of gear and let off the handbrake, and got out of the car and tried to pull it down hill, and it wouldnt move,and then tried reversing the car down hill, and still to no avail!

ended up calling the AA - save yourself a loada hastle and dont bother with these guys, they are sh*te! called them at 5pm and the wagon arrived at 8,30pm having been told it was going to be there within the hour! - and got recovered to my house.

i am thinking im going to have to replace either the seals, pistons, or maybe even theo whole caliper - i know its more work but im going to do both sides as i really dont want this to happen again! aside from being a royal pain in the ass, i hated seeing my lovely b5 being towed home behind a ford :cry: :cry: :cry:

if anyone has had anythi9ng similiar, then any tips or causes are gratly recieved!

cheers people, Charlie

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login