Rage Against The Machines! SPACE TO VENT HERE

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: desertstorm, water01, vwnutant

jsa274
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

Re: Rage Against The Machines! SPACE TO VENT HERE

Post by jsa274 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:39 pm

BIG F@ TW@ wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:12 pm
water01 wrote:
BIG F@ TW@ wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:08 pm

[-x No Gaz, not an advice thread haha Give us a good Rant :-bd maybe about oil?
And while we are on the subject of rants please remember when you signed up for this Forum you agreed to the rules and one of those rules is no swearing or profanities, hence the swearing filter, so if you try to get around it by using * or other characters your post will be amended or DELETED. Swearing is not in the founding ethos of this Forum.
Don't think I've done that have I?

Sent from my Shamsung using Tapatalcum powder
I did :| sorry.

water01
Site Admin
Passat model: B5.5 1.9 TDI 130

Post by water01 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:38 pm

Just making my own rant not pointed at you.
David Jordan

2003 130 1.9TDI Sport Estate Reflex Silver

BIG F@ TW@
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 Highline

Post by BIG F@ TW@ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:26 am

water01 wrote:Just making my own rant not pointed at you.

:cool: B-)

error code: Jeff

BIG F@ TW@

Post by BIG F@ TW@ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:04 am

Cash Machines that only have £20's in them!

ray112
B7
Passat model: B5

Post by ray112 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:04 am

People who stops at first fuel pump in a row, when second is available as well.

AdamJonezy
still on the production line
Passat model: NA

Post by AdamJonezy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:17 am

BIG F@ TW@ wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:04 am
Cash Machines that only have £20's in them!

Cash Machine's that charge you to get your own money X(

aman23
Passat model: b5.5

Post by aman23 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:02 am

Going to pick my son up from school and minding my own business not blocking no ones drive and parking respectfully. Then the home owners stand outside giving me dirty looks like it’s there road. Or I have committed a serious offence. Worse still parking behind my car so there’s no gap trying to intimidate me. Mumbling something as they pace up and down there drive and then finally telling all there neighbours.

I understand if someone blocks the drive or is parked incorrectly. But come on, if you live by a school it’s inevitable that someone will park there for 5 to 10 minutes. If not me then someone else.

I will purposely make conversation now and it’s funny how people’s attitudes change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIG F@ TW@

Post by BIG F@ TW@ » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:06 am

If you pay road tax, the public roads and highways are yours.

aman23
Passat model: b5.5

Post by aman23 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:47 pm

BIG F@ TW@ wrote:If you pay road tax, the public roads and highways are yours.

It’s funny how some people get so angry about these things. I wouldn’t like it if someone parked over the dropped kerb or blocked my driveway but people park outside my house to visit neighbors etc all the time and I don’t mind. And if parked properly I have no issues it’s a public road. There’s a newsletter from the school once a week and it’s always got something about respecting the people who live by the school. Otherwise the police will be notified.

I think some people might have nothing better to do. Either way I’m running out of places to park. Might stop taking my 5 year old to school and when I get a fine ask the people who live in the houses to pay it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIG F@ TW@

Post by BIG F@ TW@ » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:15 am

People who leave pee on the toilet seats....

Hilly81
B3
Passat model: B5.5

Post by Hilly81 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Rude people who ignore private messages.

ray112
B7

Post by ray112 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:27 pm

Yesterday's best moment. 65 plate mercedes e class parked between two family spaces, of course there was no kids in that car at all, only two fat clowns in carpenter pants. Looks like their intelligence doesn't grow up the same fast as their bellies. Sad, very sad...

dubber36
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: Amarok Ultimate

Post by dubber36 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:04 pm

ray112 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:10 am
Not all cars have electric parking brake, that's first, and I better hold brake pedal instead of getting someone crashing into my bum because he/she was busy on phone or looking around. Brake lights will clearly show that my car is standstill and will attract more attention from driver coming towards me than parking brake.
That's fine when you are at the back of the queue, but once the car behind you has come to a stop, you can come off the brake pedal to save dazzling them.

The same applies to rear fog lights. Many people will leave them on when they are not necessary. If the car behind you is close enough for him to be able to see your tail lights, you don't need your fog lights on. Turning them off is courteous, just like dipping your headlights.
2004 V6 TDI gone and replaced with a 2011 TDI Sport DSG which has gone too.

caprixpack
B4

Post by caprixpack » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:36 pm

Bmw owners who debadge their poverty spec 3 series to try and hide the fact. Or the bmw owners who debadge their base model and plaster it with Halfords bought M badges but leave the pea shooter exhaust. Or bmw owners who find the need to stick an M badge on their car, I parked next to a 118d at Tesco yesterday that had one of the boot one on the grill and one on each wing. As far as I can see it doesn't really happen as widely with any other manufacturer, you wouldn't put an RS badge on a 1.3 fiesta or a 1.8 focus but seems acceptable to do it to any bmw.
1984 924 2.0 n/a crystal Green - The daily
2005 VW Passat tdi 130 Highline Shadow blue -The wifes
2000 Peugeot 406 2.0 hdi - stood for 4 years, fresh mot and mostly working.

dubber36
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: Amarok Ultimate

Post by dubber36 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:38 pm

caprixpack wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:36 pm
I parked next to a 118d at Tesco yesterday that had one of the boot one on the grill and one on each wing. As far as I can see it doesn't really happen as widely with any other manufacturer, you wouldn't put an RS badge on a 1.3 fiesta or a 1.8 focus but seems acceptable to do it to any bmw.
It may have been am M Sport trim model. If so, they come like that. A bit line Audi S Line, or VW R Line models. It sells metal, but ultimately dilutes the S, R & M brands.
2004 V6 TDI gone and replaced with a 2011 TDI Sport DSG which has gone too.

caprixpack
B4

Post by caprixpack » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:01 pm

It had steelies on, and the badges looked like ebay specials white gray and black.
1984 924 2.0 n/a crystal Green - The daily
2005 VW Passat tdi 130 Highline Shadow blue -The wifes
2000 Peugeot 406 2.0 hdi - stood for 4 years, fresh mot and mostly working.

passartist
B6
Passat model: b5.5 4motion est

Post by passartist » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:19 pm

caprixpack wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:01 pm
It had steelies on, and the badges looked like ebay specials white gray and black.
Sounds like a quality motor! Jealousy doesn't become you :hyst

maclee
B6
Passat model: B3

Post by maclee » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:06 am

Dazzle caused by blue LEDs on emergency vehicles (at night).

During daylight there is no problem at all, but in the dark is another thing... these blue LEDs are far too bright, especially in unlit areas.

I qualify that by saying that it is probably not so much the actual brightness as the fact that the light is so focussed by the optics of the LED, but I have serious problems when I encounter such a thing at night, particularly on otherwise unlit roads.

The old blue lights with the 55W H1 bulb were still bright but they did not dazzle at night like the LEDs do.

BIG F@ TW@

Post by BIG F@ TW@ » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:13 am

Ketchup sachets that are impossible to open without using your teeth.. :twisted:

denzbom
B3
Passat model: B5.5 sport

Post by denzbom » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:40 am

Or the vinegar sachet that when you finally get your greasy fingers to open it splash everywhere but your chips

Mindriot
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: T5 2.5 4MO Kombi

Post by Mindriot » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:27 pm

The roads are infested with dead headed morons and self important twerps. I see every failure listed thus far and many more on a daily basis.

I spend most of the day driving and its made so much harder by dangerous selfish idiots and bad attitudes.

I would see penalty points, fines and even jail for anyone found negligent in crashes or breakdows stopping or blocking dual carriageways or motorways, yes even breakdowns where the owner is found to be in neglect of maintenance and idiot modders.

Id even like to see jail for anyone caught holding a mobile phone while driving.

Id also like to see public floggings for inside overtakers, anyone not doing the speed of the road and sitting in the right most lane ignoring mirrors, and not being in the correct lane BEFORE reach an exit.

And finally, every dimwit who thinks 35 to 40 max joining from a slip road, not looking and then indicating halfway through a maneuver is ok! JOIN AT THE SPEED OF THE ROAD so i dont get boxed behind running out of slip road trapped next to the narrowly averted pile up that almost happened!

In fact lets have flogging for anyone that indicates only long after starting to maneuver, if at all.

ray112
B7

Post by ray112 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:58 pm

Mindriot wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:27 pm
The roads are infested with dead headed morons and self important twerps. I see every failure listed thus far and many more on a daily basis.

I spend most of the day driving and its made so much harder by dangerous selfish idiots and bad attitudes.

I would see penalty points, fines and even jail for anyone found negligent in crashes or breakdows stopping or blocking dual carriageways or motorways, yes even breakdowns where the owner is found to be in neglect of maintenance and idiot modders.

Id even like to see jail for anyone caught holding a mobile phone while driving.

Id also like to see public floggings for inside overtakers, anyone not doing the speed of the road and sitting in the right most lane ignoring mirrors, and not being in the correct lane BEFORE reach an exit.

And finally, every dimwit who thinks 35 to 40 max joining from a slip road, not looking and then indicating halfway through a maneuver is ok! JOIN AT THE SPEED OF THE ROAD so i dont get boxed behind running out of slip road trapped next to the narrowly averted pile up that almost happened!

In fact lets have flogging for anyone that indicates only long after starting to maneuver, if at all.
At least I'm not the only warrior on road, who don't like all these things happening. I had a feeling that someone is talking with my words. But sadly unless police won't start to give fines for not indicating, not sticking to speed limit if weather is acceptable, sitting in right lane and so on, nothing will change, only go worse. Culture on roads are getting worse and worse.

maclee
B6
Passat model: B3

Post by maclee » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:14 pm

I tend to agree with a lot of the above, which is one reason that I have taken to using trains in recent years.

This brings with it a whole new swath of irritations, mainly with regard to stupid and pointless announcements at stations, (mainly larger stations in cities).

For example:

1. "Security staff patrol this station 24 hours a day" ..... (So what? ... what I am supposed to do with that info?)

2. On days when there has been even the slightest fall of rain, "Due to today's inclement weather, please take extra care on the station... surfaces may be slippery". .... No sh*t Sherlock! - Incidentally, this is usually heard at London stations where the platforms are completely under cover and only get wet when someone spills a bottle of water or a bucket.

3. Latest one, at the end of any 'security' announcement encouraging you to report anything to the police (if you can find them), "See it, Say it, Sorted". Thanks for that... the average age of train users is 3, so a nice little rhyme is just what we need to help us remember things!

denzbom
B3
Passat model: B5.5 sport

Post by denzbom » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Needing a passport to prove I am eligible to work in the UK I was born here my birth was registered here I have a national insurance number and have worked and payed taxes for nearly 35 years. I think it more annoying because the company that couldnt security clear me asked me to work for them and I have worked for them before the last time I worked for them no passport was needed for security passes to enter nuclear sites or work air side at airports how the world has changed in 6 years. Why 6 weeks for a passport what are they doing that takes it that long to process it should be instant the amount of proof of id you need.

ray112
B7

Post by ray112 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:18 pm

denzbom wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:51 pm
Needing a passport to prove I am eligible to work in the UK I was born here my birth was registered here I have a national insurance number and have worked and payed taxes for nearly 35 years. I think it more annoying because the company that couldnt security clear me asked me to work for them and I have worked for them before the last time I worked for them no passport was needed for security passes to enter nuclear sites or work air side at airports how the world has changed in 6 years. Why 6 weeks for a passport what are they doing that takes it that long to process it should be instant the amount of proof of id you need.
You can get same day passport as well, only need to make appointment at passport office, only thing is, they are just few across the country, so you might have to travel a bit to get there, and of course it will cost more than postal service.