Any Astronomers driving passats? (help needed please)

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

little_geoff
B7
Passat model: B5.5

Any Astronomers driving passats? (help needed please)

Post by little_geoff »

Just wondering if anyone on here is an astronomer, professional or amateur...

went to the car boot sale over the weekend, looking for a bookcase...but we came back with a ceiling fan and a reflecting telescope. :-?? (and by "we" i mean the Mrs!)
So it's not totally unwanted, but i am having a few issues setting it up...

apparently it's really easy...like all those youtube videos that say "here's how to collimate your telescope" then they produce a laser alignment tool...yeah pretty sure i could use a laser to align my scope too! or those helpful website that say "when you look into this mirror, you should see your reflection"... X(

I understand the principle of what i'm doing i just don't know if it's getting the right results...

So basically has anyone got any good advice or website that would help me set this thing up. Ideally with photos!

As far as i know the telescope is complete with several magnifying eye pieces, a 18mmT eyepiece (not sure what this does) a barlow lens but no instructions or even a brand on the side of it...all i can tell you is that it's a 3" reflecting telescope that looks a lot like this one from Maplins.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/celestron-pow ... cope-n39ej
2004 B5.5 1.9TDi 130 AWX

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login