1.6TDi B8 Estate '64 Plate, CD Player

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

CliveC
Passat model: B8

1.6TDi B8 Estate '64 Plate, CD Player

Post by CliveC »

When I test drove my B8 Passat Estate, I didn't pay too much attention to the center display & Radio/CD other than that it was there and sounded alright, rather focusing on assessing the drive & comfort of the car. All good & bought it. A few weeks in, having only listened to the Radio, I thought I'd play a CD, went to insert it at one of the horizontal silver/black strips at the center display (as looking like a potential disc insertion slot), and it didn't go in, no slot there. Strange I thought, wonder where the disc goes in? Checked the boot for a Disc Changer, nothing. Went to passenger side glove compartment to inquire of the Handbook, and that's exactly where I found the CD Player, just there. Surprised? Yes. In all the cars I've been in I've never found the CD Player in the Glove compartment. The downside is that you physically can't reach to change a CD while you're driving, but then that's undoubtedly a good thing to prevent driver distraction. Just wish they'd put a multidisc changer in there as standard (my previous '54 Espace had one at the Dashboard). So now I just do long journeys with the Radio and just use the single inserted CD when DAB/FM reception goes down (there are a number of 'null' points in Scotland). Great car tho, just that one little quirk.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login