Happy MOT and Low Smoke Result Day to me!

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

BIG F@ TW@
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 Highline

Happy MOT and Low Smoke Result Day to me!

Post by BIG F@ TW@ »

It has barely covered 3000 miles since it's last MOT, so I wasn't worried really. I was only concerned about the smoke test as the car was driven less than a mile to the MOT garage this morning through town, so wouldn't have time to get some good heat into it. I imagined it 'may' fail as last year it passed with a 1.55 but it does have the factory figure blanked out on the VIN plate so the garage has to use the Government level which I believe is 3.00

Anyhoo it came back with an average 0.55 which I am over the moon with. I have used 2 stroke for the past year, and I have done a full mufflerectomy and decat, it now has a straight through zorst.

When I called to see how it was doing, he asked me if it has a cat fitted, of course I replied, he asked me if it up closer to the engine (between the engine cover and the undertray), of course I replied :D I believe he was simply covering his back as we had discussed last year him building the straight through zorst system for me complete with decat.

So happy days, I'm chuffed the smoke test is so low, and that there were zero advisories etc.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login