New alloys opinions wanted

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Wayne1612
still on the production line
Passat model: B7 Exec Style

New alloys opinions wanted

Post by Wayne1612 »

0E4D4BD2-9C7A-47FB-93B3-A3C6A1F441E2.jpeg
0E4D4BD2-9C7A-47FB-93B3-A3C6A1F441E2.jpeg
My current drive is the grey B7 exec style with 18” Kansas which I’m wanting to replace.
I’ve been doing a good bit of window shopping and have narrowed down a few choices am keen to hear opinions and have your input.
My first choice of wheels is the Brescia, I’ve been hooked on the ‘wonky’ angular design of these ever since I first saw them.
My 2nd choice are the Santiago’s, compared to the brescia’s I’m not so taken with these and they will always come in second place to the more attractive Brescia’s
The 3rd choice is the more classic Nogaro’s, definitely not as fancy as the other 2 options but maybe that’s their greatest strength.

If I was only choosing wheels based on the wheels themselves then it’d be Brescia’s all day long but the difficulty is suiting the style of alloys to a grey estate car that’s a daily drive and ferry’s the dog around in.
I need you to imagine each of those wheel choices on the car because my mind’s eye isn’t all that creative. Should I go for the fancy Brescia’s and give the car something special.......will they look utterly stupid and I should stick with the more plain and classic styled Nogaro’s, they’re clean, simple, classic and non fussy Which may suit the car better.
Or maybe I should mix a little bit of the two concepts of angular design and uniformity by selecting Santiago’s, in my mind these are showy but not as showy as Brescia, they also feature classic straight lines in the same way as the Nogaro’s do which exude a certain uniform structured appearance.
I just don’t know, I wish I had bottomless pockets to try all three but sadly the tax man takes that choice away from me.
I’ve attempted to put all images below so please let me your feelings no matter how critical
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login