How many VW Apps have you got on your phone?

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

macker6464
Passat model: B8

How many VW Apps have you got on your phone?

Post by macker6464 »

I don't find many of the VW phone Apps much use to be honest but thought I would list mine and see if anyone has any to add to the pot...

My VW: Doesn't really tell me much. Tells me I had a service in September then also tells me I am overdue a Long Life service (can't be?) and an Air Con service (Air con serviced today). You can book a service using it. I think this was useful back in the day when my car was ordered and it gave me updates as to its build stage.

Configurator: This doesn't run but gives me a message that it is undergoing maintenance to the way fuel consumption information is shown. Tells me to go to the Web Configurator with a link.... that link allows me to build a new car - OK interesting.

One was for another forum but it didn't run then said removed from App store and deleted itself just.

Volkswagen Media Control: just started it and it asked for access to everything on my phone...(I probably downloaded this 2 years ago when I got the car new)… then it just just stalls and does nothing... maybe it's a remote for the stereo and I need to be in the car?

Car-Net: This works although I hardly ever use it. Shows me a map of where I am now and is a link to my sat nav (oh needed logging in - not used for ages - done now..)… nice, shows an image of my car in the right colour! Has all my previous sat nav destinations in and I can send any destination to my car. OK quite useful.

So in total I have 4 VW apps. My VW was useful in the past but could be now if the data was updated for the servicing. Car-Net is OK and is a good link to the sat nav in the car before I set off. Typically I am in the car before I start that level of planning though.

Incidentally today I was offered a car connection thing under the steering wheel that they link to an App to tell you where you parked your car (current phone does that anyway) and also when servicing is required (there is a spanner button in the car though?) and a few other things. I said no - not sure if it was free or a paid thingy?

Anyway, wonder if I am missing any VW app or misuing what I have.

Cheers :-bd
macker
Passat Estate R-Line 2.0 TDI BMT 150PS 6-speed Manual - Jan 2017