Thinking of selling up and getting a Volvo 240 Estate...

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

BIG F@ TW@
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 Highline

Thinking of selling up and getting a Volvo 240 Estate...

Post by BIG F@ TW@ »

I've started to get an itch that isn't going away, and it's an itch for a Volvo 240 Estate.

I have been driving VW since I was 17yrs old (30yrs) and along that time I have owned most of the VW stable from classic aircooled Beetle, Squareback to Mk2 Jetta. Mk2 Goof, Mk3 Jetta, Mk3 Golf Estate, B3, B4, B5 up to B5.5 where I am now. But the car I have now is pretty much spot on, and I have come to the conclusion that as I am only driving it at weekends sometimes, I would be better of with a project car as I like to tinker and there's not much more needs doing to the Highline.

We had a new 240 Estate as a kid, and I have always liked the box ugly shape estates. So I've been looking at the prices they command and they do range wildly from £300 up to £5k+ for the usual full service one family cars etc.

Has anyone any experience with them, I have joined a good Volvo forum and have started to familiarise myself with the ins and outs of ownership, but wondered if anyone on here has one.

My plan is to try and find possibly one of the last models Torlsanda spec editions and simply lower it to a more natural height (classicly nose bleed height cars) and detail clean the whole thing.

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login