B6 Estate, electrical nightmare!

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Phillmaxx
Passat model: B6

B6 Estate, electrical nightmare!

Post by Phillmaxx »

Hi Guys, any help would be much appreciated!

The boot randomly opens by itself. I have got it down to the following scenarios now.

Driving: opens randomly and then the esp and brake warning come on the dash also.

Stationary: the boot opens when I unlock the car with the first click.

In the car after closing the boot but stationary: boot catch opens when I turn the heater blower on and then the steering column defective light comes on also.

It’s at a point where I can’t lock the car as the boot opens when I click to lock the car with the remote.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance! I was recovered from London to Cornwall, garage said the charging system was low as it was parked at heathrow for a few weeks, yet it started right up just fine.

It’s been a week, I’ve driven to Wales no problem, then all of a sudden today while driving along a small lane, ping goes the boot catch again and the brake warning light! Now the above scenarios are there all the time, I’ve disconnected the battery to reset the ECU but nothing changes. The battery is 12.6v without engine, 14.0v with it running. I can switch all the lights on etc and it doesn’t effect anything but the blower or the door locks make the boot catch go mad and then the steering fault comes on!

Help me before I lose it!! 🤪

Phill.

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login