B6 Wing Mirrors rain spray

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

JUT1984
Passat model: B6

B6 Wing Mirrors rain spray

Post by JUT1984 »

Hi All,

I've had a look through and couldn't see any matching topics for this- So I have a B6 and unlike most I don't really have complaints about anything except the wing mirrors. They work just fine dry day mirrors, they work fine as indicators, work fine to light puddles, and they work great when auto dipping against headlights but...... why on earth do they become so shocking the second it rains?? You cant see a thing through grit and splotches that build up on them. Now before its said yes I know you can turn on the demist heated mirror option but this still doesn't solve the issue as you end up with dried water stains. Its almost like the design causes water to be flicked up from the wheels into the mirrors.
I think they use the same mirrors on the mk5 Golf / Jetta and god knows what else so I cant be the only one bugged by this-
any one have any solutions for this bar changing the whole unit I thought maybe adding a little lip to the bottom of the mirror? :mad: :mad:

cheers

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login