"Free Health Check" during emissions recall...

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

B18DUB
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

"Free Health Check" during emissions recall...

Post by B18DUB »

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I thought it worth letting everyone know.

I took my B6 estate in to VW (in Bath) at the weekend to have the emissions recall done and was told that they would do a free health check on the car while it was there.

When I returned to the garage I was given a long list of apparent problems, these included:

- lower suspension bushes "very badly worn"
- Both front tyres had an advisory to replace even though they were both over 4mm (4.3mm & 4.5mm) (the brand new spare in the back was also 4.5mm and obviously deemed ok??)
- rear wiper needed replacing
- front arch liners damaged

I took the car to my local garage and they confirmed that none of these needed doing, no damage, no wear.... the lower bushes were absolutely fine with no wear whatsoever. In fact their new mechanic actually worked for Bath VW until recently and he said that they do it all time....

I complained to them and all they said was that I could book it back in with another technician for a second opinion....?! No thanks!

Anyway, just thought I would let you guys know so that you can be wary of it... please double check any issues they bring up at the "free health check"

Rant over ;)

Cheers, Steve

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login