Audi a6 s line

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

ray112
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5

Audi a6 s line

Post by ray112 »

I have a question. Yesterday I was talking with someone about audi a6 c5 saloon (1998-2004) differences between s-line and standard a6. I said that only ones I know, are spoiler lip on boot, car is lowered by 10 or 15 mm (different springs and dampers), stiffer anti roll bar, s-line badges, 18" alloys and sport/recaro seats. There are no performance increase compering to standard car.
He started to say, that s-line has different shape rear lights and boot, different bumpers, and rear one isn't possible to fit on non s-line car, s-line has different suspension arms, different front suspension top mounts, bigger brakes, and s-line were only available with 2.7 v6 biturbo or 4.2 v8 engine. S-lines didn't have 2,8 v6 and diesel engines. All that sounds to me like proper bul***t ,worst story for a long time. So I was just wondering maybe someone knows what exactly differences are between s-line and standard trim. Maybe someone have some web link, where everything is told about s-line in those years. Plus I thought just to check part numbers for front suspension arms, and I'm pretty sure they will be the same as standard a6, as b5 passat, as skoda superb and audi a4. Would like to know your thoughts on this, what's different and what's not.

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login