B7 Snapped Pressure Plate + other issues

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

matada34
still on the production line

B7 Snapped Pressure Plate + other issues

Post by matada34 »

Peed of is the word....
Im not going to write it all again but..... is the flywheel/gearbox a common fault?

Hi,

I have owned a 2011 Passat (DE60 $%^ since new and unfortunately im another dissatisfied customer.

The car is fitted with a panoramic sunroof that leaks, the door posts get soaked, often also into the boot and foot wells. VW did not want to know about this as it was first seen outside the VW warranty.
The car recently went in for the emissions fix, im almost certain that the car has lost torque in all gears but mostly noticable in 5th and 6th.
Most recently the GPS on the roof has failed which has meant another repair required.
And last but not least...
The DMF has gone, however the failure may have occurred due to the clutch pressure plate failing, this has snapped! Following this the pressure plate has scored into the gear box housing and taken several mm of material away, this is now mm away from the gearbox, bearings and gearbox oil. If I hadn't taken this in when I did this almost definitely would have gone through to the gearbox meaning the oil would have come from the box into the flywheel housing and ran the box dry. In tern the gearbox may then have failed.
The car has 50k on the clock and has full service history, I cant help but complain as the car is not what I was sold by VW and is clearly not fit for purpose. As im sure you can agree this is disgusting quality from VW.

I look forward to your response within 14 days, hopefully before I take legal action and send this to WatchDog.

And I forgot to add the fuel gauage was reading empty the other day with half a tank in!! Turned the ignition off and back on and all is well since ~x(
IMG_0077.JPG
IMG_0078.JPG
IMG_0075.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login