Opinions...

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

Ryan s
B6
Passat model: B5.5 V6 TDI

Opinions...

Post by Ryan s »

So I think I know what the answer will be regarding this, but I'll ask anyway...

I've done a HPI check on a prospective car purchase and the report came back as the car having unpaid finance against it.

I rang the finance company and they confirmed that they still have an interest.

In the meantime the car sales company (looks like a one man band outfit) also contacted the finance company and had a discussion, after which the finance company sent them through a fax stating that they had no further interest in the vehicle (the car sales co have forwarded me a copy).

Apparently the HPI system and the system at the finance company will take time to update the status of the vehicle. The reason they will give more info to the car sales company and not me is not entirely clear.

So what would you do - it's the perfect car for you for the next 5 years....wait 10 days for the system to be updated and it'll be gone, but buy it now and you may have a nasty shock when the car is still registered as owing finance after two weeks (you don't actually own it!) #-o
2014 Octavia Elegance Combi 2.0 TDI
2008 Octavia L&K Combi 2.0 TDI

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login