Poor insurance repair when under previous owner

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

DuFFmAN
B1

Poor insurance repair when under previous owner

Post by DuFFmAN »

Hello all,

I have a 2010 Passat (mileage 63k) that I purchased 3 months ago privately. Before purchasing it, I was aware the vehicle had been in a minor impact and this was repaired by the Insurers approved repairers.

The quality of the repair appeared adequate and I purchased the vehicle.

All was well until....

I noticed a small bit of paint bubbling on the front wing. This is unusual for such a new car. Upon closer inspection, I found that the repairers had not painted the inner side of the wing although I am not sure if this is considered a sub standard repair.

My queries is as follows:-

1the inner part of the wing is still black and I assume, the same finish as when you purchase new body panels. Basically, it doesn't look like they applied any form of protective paint on the inner side of the wing. The other side which is original is colour coded on the inside. I am not an expert but this appears to be sub standard and probably the cause of the paint bubbling. Does anyone have any experience in this respect? Should this have been painted on the inside?

I need more ammunition when I speak to the repair centre who no doubt will deny fault. I will let you know the outcome as matters progress.

Thanks.

:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Passat CC TDI GT DSG 170 [metallic silver leaf] ;)

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login