Had a new Golf for the day.

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

dubber36
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: T6 Caravelle

Had a new Golf for the day.

Post by dubber36 »

My Passat was in for service today, and I'd managed to wangle a new GT TDi 170 DSG loan car for the full day.

We want to change my wife's 307. She had never driven a decent auto before, so I wanted her to have a good go in it to see what she thought.

I have to say that it was a cracking car. I didn't like the Mk5 at first. I had had a MK4 before and thought that was a much better car. However the new one has really grown on me. The 2.0 TDi and the DSG box is a really good combination. Most of the time it was in D doing the 45mph A road crawl, but when I turned off onto the lanes the manual change was brilliant. Very fast and smooth. The only down side was that I found myself looking at the display to see what gear I was in.

Enough of the waffle though. All I really wanted to say was when I got back in my Passat, I was amazed at how tight and fresh it still felt. Normally after driving a new car, my other cars have always felt a bit loose and tired. But not the Satt. I think I shall be keeping the old girl for quite some time. Can't say the same for the Peugeot though.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login