Anyone know about 'The Law'

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Jk*
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: B6 170 BMR

Anyone know about 'The Law'

Post by Jk* »

Last week someone drove into my car whilst I was at work then they drove off. Luckily for me there was a witness who took lots of valuable information.

Now, like any accident this is not against the law, but the fact the person drove off is. (So I believe). Due to the fact I didn't know who the driver was I had a PSCO get involved and he said he would help me out (Turns out he was as much use as a chocolate frying pan!) X( Anyway, I knew when I would see the vehicle again and approached the culprit who denied any knowledge of the incident but was happy enough to give me their insurance details. :D

Anyway, today the PSCO got back to me (3 days after he said he would) and said there is nothing they could do about the situation as it was on private land (Although the carpark is used by the public).

I then gave him a hypothetical question: What would happen if I went and vandalised all the cars in the carpark and you was the witness, could you prosecute me? Answer: Not really! :shock: I mean WTF kind of law is that!?! :-o

So if you have someone you don't like, just wait until they park somewhere on private land and vandalise their vehicle...you are invincible! \m/

I have even less respect for the policing system in this country than I had previously. L-)

If anyone can clarify or argue this information I would appreciate it...seems ridiculous to me. :-j

Wanted:
R-Line or Votex side skirts.

This topic has 17 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login