speaker upgrade?

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

TurboGerbil
B1
Passat model: B6

speaker upgrade?

Post by TurboGerbil »

Both my front door speakers are blown so I thought I may as well change all of them at the same time. I have two options though that I was thinking of. I have a B6.

1: Just upgrading all the door speakers at once. Can anyone recommend a good upgrade with a standard MFD2 headunit?

2: Just replacing the front two but getting some uprated speakers and running them through an amp. I have an inline converter as the MFD2 doesn't have the right plugs in the back. So I can run an amp off the head unit.

If I was to go for the second option could anyone help me out a bit with the watts? It's been a long time since I messed around with amps. Am I right in thinking that If I run a 400W amp that both speakers should have an overall wattage of above 400w to stop the risk of blowing them? what would happen if I ran an amp with a hight wattage than the speakers?

If anyone could help out it would be much appreciated. I am only wanting to spend about 150-170ish, my budget is tight after just spending the equivalent of my car on a new camera lens lol.

Edit: I was looking at something like these ones last year when I was going to do it before, are any of them any good? http://www.car-hifi-radio-adapter.eu/en ... index.html

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login