A 'nice' headache.

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

What should my next step be?

Sell the rims and get a full respray then buy less 'showy' rims at the end of May.
58%
Sell the rims, get the front end done and buy some new rims and a headunit.
42%

Total votes: 12

Jk*
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: B6 170 BMR

A 'nice' headache.

Post by Jk* »

More 'nice' headaches.

As you know the 20" are off and today I dropped the car off at the body shop to have the front end resprayed as it was looking very battered and the rear bumper repaired. However, whilst I was there we got talking (like you do) and we spoke about having the whole car sprayed. (It doesnt need a full spray but there are panels that would need doing in the near future and Im worried the colour wont match if I do bits here and there)

Anyway, the cost of a full respray would be £1500, the front end is costing £500 so I would need another £1000.

The 20" are being sold at the weekend so I would have enough to get it done but then have no money for new rims. :neutral: I would have to sacrifice getting new rims and a new headunit for the luxury of new paint.

I might be able to afford some half decent rims by the end of May but the budget would only be £700- £800 max including tyres.

Just wondering what do I do? I might not take your advise but its one of those things I'd like some opinions on.

Wanted:
R-Line or Votex side skirts.

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login