Arch Rolling, Body Repair/Respray. Recommendations

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

UFO-20VT
B1
Passat model: B5 1.8T

Arch Rolling, Body Repair/Respray. Recommendations

Post by UFO-20VT »

Hi,

I’m after recommendations on where to take my car to get a dented/scrapped rear O/S wheel arch repaired. I think it’ll pull out so hopefully nothing major. I’m willing to drive a reasonable distance as previous experiences/recommendations are worth their weight. I live near Cambridge.
As I’m forking out for it (as I don’t know who the culprit was :evil: ) I thought it’d make sense to get my lower bumper insert sprayed and have email vagparts for the Jap inserts (thanks bobman!). I remember reading about removing the door mouldings I’ve searched but can’t find it now. Is this easy enough? I think I remember reading that its best to remove the inner door trim and window carrier to get at plastic bits which go through to the inside of the door and their stuck with adhesive. I may buy new ones, will pop to a local VW garage for prices, any heads up on prices for these and where from?

Finally thought I’d go the whole hog and look at getting the arches rolled as I’m planning on a bigish drop and have read about tyre arch rubbing! Any recommendations? Have read about JDP-erformance and will PM Dubber.

Thanks for any help in advance.

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login