Weighing up options here, whats is worth??

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Roylewaa
B3
Passat model: B5 TDI 110

Weighing up options here, whats is worth??

Post by Roylewaa »

I'm weighing up a few options here whilst trying to get the money together to get the HG done, basically my mum has offered to pay either all or most towards the work being done which is awesome of her to offer, but I don't like taking that much money off her, as at the end of the day she's a pensioner :sad:

And I would feel guilty

Anyway I was wondering if you chaps could give me an indication as to what the car is worth should I decide to cut my losses and let her go, I haven't got the heart to break her and would love to see her go to someone who has the time (and money) to fix her and get her healthy again

Specs are, 1999 AFN 110 SE tdi B5, 189K, service history up to 130 odd k, private plat E7 SOR valued at £600 which I will leave on, in nebio blue metallic, tax and tested until the end of July 12, net optoc trim, 18" alloys

She could do with one back arch repairing as its scraped and dented and a new driverside door as it has been dented and pushed out at some point and left a crease, and there is a small notch on the steering

Main reason for this thread as she's showing early signs of head gasket failure, overpressure when driven hard (well past 3000 rpms) and venting coolant out the underneath of the header tank, there is no other symptoms, heaters are hot and no overheating

I was thinking £600 as is, basically the private plate is worth that, tbh the lettering means nowt to me and thought that would help sell the car :???:

Any input would be great
This is not a for sale thread

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login