Is it just me??

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bauer
B3
Passat model: b5 afn remapped

Is it just me??

Post by bauer »

Where i live it seems to be all about modding your car for looks,the lads round my way think nothing of spending 000's on body kits,spoilers,sound systems,alloys etc...
Had a conversation with my neighbours son and it went like this " oh you got problems with your exhaust have you"
"na its brand new" "oh,why u taking it off to put that rusty 1 on,is it decatted?" "de-wotted?,na its just for the noise i want it loud"
Now he drives a 15 year old 1.6 astra,down the road there is an orion with god knows how much put into it,not to mention all the pug 306's on £800 rim and £500 bodykits ! Now i know its up to them but even from young i would much rather have a car that looks abag of poo and goes like a 911 than a car that looks good (each 2 their own) and would struggle to outrun a milkfloat!
Is any1 with me on this or am i just weird? i thought i know the answer but lately everywhere look it seems the car scene is about looks not whats inside? and being honest most modded cars look awful anyway?why would u wanna make an already slow car weigh more and even slower?? what am i missing??

This topic has 42 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login