guess this goes here . . . door speakers for my B3

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Matt
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B3 GT 2.0 16v

guess this goes here . . . door speakers for my B3

Post by Matt »

seems that the ICE bit has gone away now? sorry if if hasnt and im being a wally

anyway, after getting a better look at me new door speaker pods and attacking them with a screwdriver to see whats inside, it seems that the speakers contained within are 6.5inch (not the 5.25 i thought), but seem quite shallow with about a 60mm mounting depth. guess i cant really go deeper else theyll foul the window mech.

ive been looking at component speakers, so i can put the tweeters in the dash, but am really not sure who makes decent stuff. ive never been impressed with anything on display at halfords and such, seem all boomy bass with tinny treble, so who make more "hifi" sounding ones with some decent midrange?
i realise im not gonna get monster bass without a sub in an estate, but itll be better than the puny £25 4inch pioneers ive got in the dash at the mo hehe. ive got a budget of up to 100 quid i think, was looking at focal 130v1's but they obv wont fit now and the 165s are way too deep, and the slim ones are £260 :roll: i build speakers for home use so know the focal name for making some pretty impressive stuff.

ive heard rainbow stuff is good? ive heard of infinity, they make really poo hifi speakers so dont want them. JBL ive also heard arnt much cop.

im pretty sure i want to put an amp in too, who makes good ones? again dont want stuff pretending to make 2000000000watts, just want something clean sounding and not too big and for not too much £££

any advice much appreciated :)

B3 GT Passat of Doom

2.0 litres 16 valves ABF

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login