Missing my Passat

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Dakota
B2

Missing my Passat

Post by Dakota »

I doubt many of you remember me, I used to sign a couple of years back. I had a turbo`d B5.5 estate which I sold in September 2009 (to jamesyouprat) for a cheaper to run car which turned out to be a mk5 Polo 1.4 TDI. The little Polo is very cheap to run but I recently drove my Dad`s mk4 Golf GTi and it brought back the memories and creature comforts of my old Passat. My Polo is very basic although it does have e/w. The reason I bought it was the £35 a year road tax and 65mpg

I was rolling on Phaetons and kept them as I had a feeling I would own another Passat one day. I could go on Parker`s but I would rather hear from you guys about B5 and B5.5 diesel saloons. What does it cost to tax yours for a year and what mpg do you get? How many miles would you do on £20 driving mainly motorway and dual carriageways?

I`m thinking in the future maybe give the Polo to the Mrs as she is currently learning and I could buy another Passat..

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login