Project V8 twin turbo may now begin .......

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Nodalmighty
B4
Passat model: B5.5 PD130 Sport

Project V8 twin turbo may now begin .......

Post by Nodalmighty »

I've just bought this :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0687049676" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will run it for a while while I rebuild the Lexus V8 32v Quad Cam Motor (decoke, seat grind, Pikey head skim, MLS head gaskets, ARP Head studs etc.). I have the A340e Toyota Auto box in stock which will be getting an accumulator shim and a line pressure adjustment to make if shift hard and fast (with my own proprietary paddle shift computer), I collect the Mk3 Supra Rear LSD Diff tomorrow night, I have the stand alone ECU already in stock (Link G3 LEM). My Toyota Celica GT4 Tuner is looking out for a pair or WRC CT20b turbos, it's all in hand.

I'm hoping that because the V8 is all Aluminium and the gearbox, which is some what lighter than the Audi one, that it should tip the scales at about 1400 kg's so about 428.57bhp per tonne. Veyron is only 525bhp per tonne. When I build the engine with forged internals we can take that to 800bhp with the CT20's modified at a latter date which will be 571bhp per tonne. :-bd

Hopefully the drive train will last until next Spring and then it's game on, 600bhp, Paddle Shifted, RWD, V8 Twin Turbo Passat :D

Has anyone got a 90bhp Period (1999) all silver (no red letters) TDI badge they can sell me to complete my sleeper illusion :D ?
B5.5 PD 130 Sport in Pinien Green

This topic has 34 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login