DPF help please.

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: desertstorm, water01, vwnutant

UK-Ken

DPF help please.

Post by UK-Ken » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:02 pm

The past month has been horendous. Both my Passat and my wifes CC have been crashed into both the result of the other drivers ignoring traffic lights/road signs. Things could be better. Just a few minutes ago my wife called telling me the Passat had gone into limp mode because of a problem with the DPF . She works in Harrogate and was driving back home to Leeds. She is waiting for the AA. If I have to replace the DPF has anyone got an idea how much it will cost and where might be a reasonable place to have the work done? Thanks in advance for your help.

ray112
B7
Passat model: B5

Re: DPF help please.

Post by ray112 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:31 pm

UK-Ken wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:02 pm
The past month has been horendous. Both my Passat and my wifes CC have been crashed into both the result of the other drivers ignoring traffic lights/road signs. Things could be better. Just a few minutes ago my wife called telling me the Passat had gone into limp mode because of a problem with the DPF . She works in Harrogate and was driving back home to Leeds. She is waiting for the AA. If I have to replace the DPF has anyone got an idea how much it will cost and where might be a reasonable place to have the work done? Thanks in advance for your help.
Must have codes scanned first, to know what's exactly wrong. Maybe it requires just a regeneration. DPF can be removed and professionally cleaned, so you don't need to buy cheap aftermarket part or spend fortune on new OEM or equivalent quality.

Gazwould
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: 1.9 AVF Sport

Post by Gazwould » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:11 pm

Indigo Blue Sport Wagon 0.34 m-1 blower .

I'd give her some 'trivago' .

gtijames
B4
Passat model: B5.5 highline

Post by gtijames » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:34 pm

The pressure sensors are a fairly comman failure, more than the actual dpf. I would be getting the oe dpf professionally cleaned as the after market ones are junk
Wait for the aa to fault read it could be something fairly minor.