Well thats 2 hours Ill never get back

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Mindriot
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: T5 2.5 4MO Kombi

Well thats 2 hours Ill never get back

Post by Mindriot »

Sunderland + used car = dont bother.

Over several years I must have looked at over a dozen in that area, every single one has turned out to be a complete misrepresentation and an utter nail with dishonest sellers.

Im so sick of wasting time and fuel with people who bare faced lie to get you in front of the car to try to dupe you into buying it, its an insult.

I spoke to the bloke

Me "So its a decent car? Because Ill know, if its good Ill take it, if its not as advertised Ill walk away"

Seller "yeah yeah its mint m8, drives really well, nothing wrong with it - it doesnt need anything doing"

https://www.gumtree.com/p/fiat/fiat-pun ... 1171047016

The only true thing is missing belt. I only spent 2 minutes looking and a drive up and down the nearest road :

Broken bonnet release handle and stiff release cable, bonnet latch sticking needing bonnet to be slammed hard to close.
Handwritten receipt for trackrod ends and other stuff that was failed at last mot (fake).
No central locking (seller said it had it)
Dud battery he had it off for a fast charge when I arrived.
New ditchfinders yet 2 had slow leaks.
No power steering (failure warnings - seller claimed it was because of weak battery charging from alternator)
ABS warning light.
Accident repaired on the front right quarter, very bad panel fit on the front right wing.
Moisture in badly clouded headlights
Wanders and weaves all over the place, veers seriously and randomly under power and braking
Something dragging and rattling on the road
Injectors leaking badly (stuttering popping hiss)
Knackered front bushings
Exhaust blowing in at least 2 places, one possibly being manifold
Bad topend rattle, rough idle
Water visibly leaking in at least 2 places from engine
Knackered engine mounts
Soft brakes
Resprayed at some point
At least one overly worn wheel bearing

It didnt smoke though!

This topic has 32 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login