Team Dynamics quality issues and Demon Tweeks poor service

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

desertstorm
Site Admin
Passat model: B5.5 130 TDI AWX

Team Dynamics quality issues and Demon Tweeks poor service

Post by desertstorm »

Bit of a mouthful for a thread title, suppose I could have raised two but decided to do it all in one.
Anyway took advantage of the Team Dynamics wheel sale that Demon Tweeks had several weeks ago to buy a set of 18 inch Pro Race 1.2's for the car.
Had to wait 6 weeks for them to arrive as they had to be manufactured apparently, when they did eventually arrive I wasn't impressed.
Two of the wheels looked like they had been sprayed 3 times as there was so much paint on them the lettering around the edges of the rim looked to be filed in. Of the other two wheels one was Ok and the other was borderline.

This now brings me to the other part of the post. Demon Tweeks customer service, or lack of it.
Every time I have ever tried to call them I kept getting the number is busy on the customer helpline number.
It takes at least 30 minutes usually to get through to them and that's just to get in the queue.
Initially I took the photos above and passed them to customer services on an E-mail so they could deal with this. When I had heard nothing after a few days I contacted them again only to be told that nobody had passed these onto Team dynamics as they were really busy.
I stopped on the line till the guy had at least passed these to Team Dynamics (Rimstock) to look at. After a week they decided that they weren't good and the alloys were picked up and returned to Demon Tweeks.
Who have now sent them onto Rimstock in Birmingham.
I have never been contacted by Demon Tweeks to give me any updates I have always had to contact them and push this along. I am now waiting for an update on whether these wheels are going to be reworked or new ones supplied. I suspect they are just going to strip these and refinish them which will probably another week or two.
Has anybody else had issues like this or is it just me being unlucky .
Gone but will never be forgotten
207Bhp 347Lb/ft 14.9 seconds 93mph
The build topic viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56110

The new 382bhp Audi viewtopic.php?f=5&t=70765

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login