Remap after a dpf removal

Avon Tuning is a DPF Removal and ECU Remapping company based just outside Bristol in a small village called Tockington.
Founded by Gareth Jones (BSc (Hons) Mechanical Engineering) in 2010, we pride ourselves on offering work of the highest quality with exceptional customer care.
Avon Tuning

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

louisfresh09
still on the production line
Passat model: b6 170tdi estate

Remap after a dpf removal

Post by louisfresh09 »

Cam anyone help I am looking for a remap for my B6 tdi 170 bhp. I remover the dpf already so just need a remap and dpf delete. I live in Leicester if thathe helps. B)
Hilly81
B3
Passat model: B5.5

Re: Remap after a dpf removal

Post by Hilly81 »

louisfresh09 wrote:Cam anyone help I am looking for a remap for my B6 tdi 170 bhp. I remover the dpf already so just need a remap and dpf delete. I live in Leicester if thathe helps. B)
All the best with your MOT.
Gazwould
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: 1.9 AVF Sport

Post by Gazwould »

I'm sure he means he's gutted the dpf .

Indigo Blue Sport Wagon

I'd give her some 'trivago'
Hilly81
B3

Post by Hilly81 »

Gazwould wrote:I'm sure he means he's gutted the dpf .
Perhaps but even that will be an issue in the future and rightly so.

Sorry, I shouldn't have commented really. I have a bee in my bonnet about DPF removal. I get that they are problematic if not used properly and there are benefits of removal but as an asthma sufferer and having 2 of my 3 young children also suffering from asthma, I feel it irresponsible to remove. They are there for a reason.
Gazwould
UKPassat's Possie

Post by Gazwould »

What's the future mot legislation ?

I understand perfectly your views , but my bee is even when used correctly these emissions control devices are not fit for purpose , right now on every VAG forum someone is having bother with an egr and dpf .

Both are engine chokers reducing power, torque and mpg.

It kills me that people have to take them for special motorway poo journeys :hyst

The future is hydrogen not carbon footprint electric , electric is only good if you can guarantee the electricity came from renewables .

But as per usual , the powers at work like to max out the profit potential until we are told of the next best big thing.

Indigo Blue Sport Wagon

Hilly81
B3

Post by Hilly81 »

Gazwould wrote:What's the future mot legislation ?

I understand perfectly your views , but my bee is even when used correctly these emissions control devices are not fit for purpose , right now on every VAG forum someone is having bother with an egr and dpf .

Both are engine chokers reducing power, torque and mpg.

It kills me that people have to take them for special motorway poo journeys :hyst

The future is hydrogen not carbon footprint electric , electric is only good if you can guarantee the electricity came from renewables .

But as per usual , the powers at work like to max out the profit potential until we are told of the next best big thing.
I read something recently that the government wanted to crack down on the drivers and garages removing DPF's (As it is illegal) and the MOT check would move on from visual to visual with some kind of test similar to the emissions test currently in use. I believe it said it would be next year at the earliest before this is introduced though.

My last 3 cars have all been DPF diesels (Last 6 ish years). I have never had an issue (Touch wood). Never had a DPF light. Never noticed a regen apart from once. I only do 8k ish a year. The difference is I don't do short journeys really. We use the wife's petrol fiesta for those. They are what cause an issue. To many folk buy a diesel car then wonder why they get an issue doing a 5 or 6 mile commute every day.

Agree on hydrogen. Don't know much about the tech but it does seem the future.
louisfresh09
still on the production line
Passat model: b6 170tdi estate

Post by louisfresh09 »

Sorry if i offended anyone about my DPF removal ^:)^ . But my car is least of your worries. B)
Hilly81
B3

Post by Hilly81 »

louisfresh09 wrote:Sorry if i offended anyone about my DPF removal ^:)^ . But my car is least of your worries. B)
I'm not offended. Your illegal car will be your worry. :-bd
JIMMYJAMES
B4
Passat model: B6 SEL Tdi 170

Post by JIMMYJAMES »

Dpf filters were designed for cars regularly used in cities with a lot of stop start driving and dpf and egr combined makes for a strangled engine which burns more fuel. The dpf fiasco is a joke with the government trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the the general public and pricing us out of our trusty diesel engines and to buy new petrol hybrid cars with fictitious mpg figures that actually burn more fuel and which does a lot more lasting damage to the next generation leaving them with pollution from petrol cars and the production and disposal of batteries with all the associated horrific chemicals.

I have asthma too and I suggest opening your eyes to the lies you are being told. Best thing you can do is move to the country where it's an issue at all because traffic is always moving. I was on nebuliser twice a day up until the point I started sailing and moved away from the city, now I really only have my inhalers as and when I need them and i'm generally in good health.

This is typical of a government running the entire country based on London standards. It makes me sick!

If the government really gave a rats ass about the general public, they would have scrapped the hybrid idea and gone with fuel cells instead with zero emissions. Why didn't they? Because to cut use of the regular engine they would lose too much revenue. Shows how much they care about Joe public and the environment!

Ultimately the government will force my hand and i will have to fold so in the meantime my egr and dpf are staying stock because it will be too much hassle reversing the delete process.

Rant over.
Last edited by JIMMYJAMES on Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gazwould
UKPassat's Possie

Post by Gazwould »

That's it , low or 0 emissions = 0 tax , it's not going to pay for the roads thus they're not interested .

Indigo Blue Sport Wagon

JIMMYJAMES
B4

Post by JIMMYJAMES »

Gazwould wrote:That's it , low or 0 emissions = 0 tax , it's not going to pay for the roads thus they're not interested .
How long before they tax the air that we breathe? Probably not long!

Back on topic again. I would get another dpf fitted and leave it stock because in the very near future, the money you spent on a remap will be wasted and you will have to put it back to standard again anyway.
Hilly81
B3

Post by Hilly81 »

JIMMYJAMES wrote:Dpf filters were designed for cars regularly used in cities with a lot of stop start driving and dpf and egr combined makes for a strangled engine which burns more fuel. The dpf fiasco is a joke with the government trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the the general public and pricing us out of our trusty diesel engines and to buy new petrol hybrid cars with fictitious mpg figures that actually burn more fuel and which does a lot more lasting damage to the next generation leaving them with pollution from petrol cars and the production and disposal of batteries with all the associated horrific chemicals.

I have asthma too and I suggest opening your eyes to the lies you are being told. Best thing you can do is move to the country where it's an issue at all because traffic is always moving. I was on nebuliser twice a day up until the point I started sailing and moved away from the city, now I really only have my inhalers as and when I need them and i'm generally in good health.

This is typical of a government running the entire country based on London standards. It makes me sick!

If the government really gave a rats ass about the general public, they would have scrapped the hybrid idea and gone with fuel cells instead with zero emissions. Why didn't they? Because to cut use of the regular engine they would lose too much revenue. Shows how much they care about Joe public and the environment!

Ultimately the government will force my hand and i will have to fold so in the meantime my egr and dpf are staying stock because it will be too much hassle reversing the delete process.

Rant over.
Rant away fella! We can crow about the government until the cows come home to be honest. We all know their game but it is fact that diesel particulates can cause lung disease. It is also fact that removing DPF's is illegal whether we agree with it or not. That's the only point I was trying to make to the OP.

And move to the country? I wish my friend! ;)
JIMMYJAMES
B4

Post by JIMMYJAMES »

Rant away fella! We can crow about the government until the cows come home to be honest. We all know their game but it is fact that diesel particulates can cause lung disease. It is also fact that removing DPF's is illegal whether we agree with it or not. That's the only point I was trying to make to the OP.

And move to the country? I wish my friend! ;)
Wasn't a personal dig bud, there is just a lot more to it than diesel emissions alone. Removing a dpf and egr helps the environment by better fuel economy with less co2, sadly the nox in cities has always been an issue. The problem of pollution will improve significantly when busses, lorries and the aviation industries have to improve standards, we are just a drop in the ocean but are easy targets for the government. In all seriousness, sailing when I was at school pretty much cured my asthma