Multiple Warning Messages but what is the fault ?

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

davidak
Passat model: B8

Multiple Warning Messages but what is the fault ?

Post by davidak »

Hi -

I'm a newbie here and hoping someone can help me ( or more precisely my garage ...) - the story is as follows:

I have a 2015 Passat Saloon SE 2.0 TDI Blue Motion 150 PS 6-Speed Manual

Around 29 Nov I noticed that the rear window heater and heated mirrors had stopped working - the outside temperature gauge was showing 60 degrees - I booked it in to my local garage - the earliest appointment was 14 Dec.

On 9 Dec when I started the car I had a new series of alarms as follows :
- AAC not available
- Park pilot error
- Front assist not available
- Tyre Pressure Warning ( tyres are Ok)
On the positive side the rear window and heated mirrors were working :-o

I drove the car and as the warning weren't "terminal" and all was well until 13 Dec - driving home from Reading the engine wasn't idling properly and when I tried to pull away it would stall and then the restart would kick in and then stall etc - I limped to a garage where I had a 5 hour wait for the AA they put me in aa taxi and recovered the car the next day to the garage - just in time for it's appointment.

The garage was busy and it took them till Monday to look at the car they ran the codes took it for a drive - found nothing - i went to collect it and all the alarms were still present. I left it with them. Yesterday they told me there was a low voltage warning on the battery ( not sure why the battery warning light wouldn't be on but ... Iet them replace the battery ....£175 ) I went to collect the car an hour ago - all the alarms still present ...

Looking for advice: -
1. any ideas what the root cause is ?
2. why don't the codes identify the issue ? might my garage have old / generic software ?
3. Should I cut my losses and take it to VW ?

Any help gratefully received

Thanks
Dave

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login