Water Leak in Boot - Saloon

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

ViJay
B1
Passat model: B7, B8

Water Leak in Boot - Saloon

Post by ViJay »

Hi all,

I've had an issue with water appearing into the boot. I wasn't sure where it was coming from so the first thing I did was to strip the whole boot out.
I found that the rear drain hole pipe on the offside of the car was disconnected. No idea how this would have happened. (see pic)
Panoramic Sunroof Drain Pipe.jpg
I connected it back up, removed the two cups of water and dried everything with a hairdryer. Testing it again seemed to have fixed this issue. from water being poured into the sunroof channels.

I poured water onto the boot area and there was still a leak from the boot side. I removed all the lights, cleaned and refitted. The lights were water tight but it seems that the water goes into the boot lid channel and runs down behind the bumper and into the boot. I found two holes on either side where the water is coming in from. (see pic)
No Gaffa.jpg
I have temporarily put gaffa tape onto these holes but I guess to fix it properly I would need to take the bumper off.

My question is: What normally screws into these holes from the outside? The car has had a towbar fitted which was already there.
Gaffa.jpg
Hopefully someone who has taken the bumper off will have an idea what these holes are and maybe point me to anything worth noting when removing the bumper.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login