Help on choosing parts for service on 2015 B8 GT 2.0Tdi Saloon please

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

P Adams
B2

Help on choosing parts for service on 2015 B8 GT 2.0Tdi Saloon please

Post by P Adams »

Dear all

I am getting my 2015 2.0 Tdi GT (18” Oxford alloys) saloon serviced by a BMW mechanic my brother knows, at his home, and looking to get the parts for him. He serviced my wife’s B7 a year and a half ago and that seemed pretty straightforward in buying the parts through EuroCar Parts when they had a a good sale on. I’ve looked at my parts such as brake discs, pads, oil and filters, and there are even more choices for mine! What discs and pads do you recommend please? They have Audura, Eicher, Bosch, Brembo and Pagid. And any other item advice would be very helpful too

I’ve been getting servicing for years through my local VW dealer who we purchased the cars from and they have been very good to us with various discounts during that time! They mentioned the rear discs were pitted as an orange advisory and pads were low approx 3.5mm. The front discs were pitted and lipped. We don’t get to drive the car as much as I don’t travel into work now

Car is at 54500 miles. Last service was in October 2021 at 49000 miles. It was a major service 24 month / 20k service (Pollen filter, replaced engine oil, oil filter, air filter and fuel filter). They said they used long-life engine oil VW long-life 3 0W-30 according to invoice

If it was stripping an Apple Mac down or sorting out Apple IT I would be fine, but car stuff is another part of the ship for me!

Many thanks for any help you can offer

P

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login