Purchased B8 2017 - Advertised as DSG 7 Speed, Actually 6 Speed

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Bbeettaa
Passat model: B8 2017

Purchased B8 2017 - Advertised as DSG 7 Speed, Actually 6 Speed

Post by Bbeettaa »

Hi All,

Fairly new here, I recently picked up a used 2017 190 R Line B8 Passat from a main VW dealership. Fairly low mileage (35k) with some nice extras on the car. I've had the car for a bout 10 days, all has been fine - lovely to drive etc - however!

During my test drive, it wasn't on fast roads, I only managed to get up to 5th gear - all was fine as you would expect. I finally took it on a long run a few days ago and I noticed that there is no 7th gear, although it was advertised as such. Now I appreciate this might of been something "I should of checked", but not something I would of done so - getting the gearbox code etc. I do feel a bit silly of course.

I've spoken to the dealership who are currently investigating this and will come back to me, I've made it clear it isn't what was advertised - particularly has the 6 speed gearbox needs a 40k service. They have acknowledged this and are going to give me a call over the next few days.

That said, now I liked the idea of 7 speed for that extra MPG on the long journeys. However, can anyone actually guide me on what that real difference on 6 vs 7 speed will be? In addition to that, I apprecate DSG loses a bit vs manual, however can anyone guide on how much?

Many thanks in advance :)

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login