Does your ACC handle hills in slow traffic?

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Passat model: B8

Does your ACC handle hills in slow traffic?

Post by 170 »

One of the main reasons I bought my 2016 DCT Passat was to have Adaptive cruise and I am generally happy with it. I have noticed when edging forward in traffic it sometimes cannot handle steep up slopes. If the car in front stops for not long enough to put it in 'ACC Ready' and thus engage the autohold it can start to roll backwards when it resumes. I have got used to this and am ready to apply the brake if I think it may happen. Today something weird happened, I put my foot on the brake to prevent this, as the car in front moved away the brake would not release and I was unable to move by pressing on the accelerator. The engine was pulling against the brake. As people behing me got impatient, I tried accelerating several times, tried going form D to P and back without success. Eventually I tried reverse, disabling autohold and manually engaging/disengaging the parking brake and one of those cured it. Has anybody any idea what happened?

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login