Hello there

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Percy247
B1
Passat model: B8

Hello there

Post by Percy247 »

Good afternoon,

I am the mostly happy owner of 2017 2.0 TDI (150) GT saloon in Oxford blue. We also own a 2019 Seat Mii FR-line.

I plan on keeping the Passat for a while and thought I would join this forum to access the accumulated knowledge of the people registered and offer my own advice where appropriate.

I have a couple of issues that I would be interested in getting advice on.

Firstly, the car cuts out occasional when coasting into junctions or roundabouts in second gear. This is potentially very dangerous. If stop start is active it will restart. If not it has to be manually restarted.
Has anyone else got this issue and have they managed to sort it.

Secondly, the rear brake discs are quite corroded with raised circular ridges of rust on them. I am assuming this is due to a combination of poor quality VW parts, me not braking heavily enough and brake balance applying most of the force to the fronts. This seems to be a common problem on VW cars. How have people sorted this? Have you just changed the pads or had the discs skimmed. I tend to replace OEM discs with Brembo ones. I am assuming I would need VCDS to retract the ebrake?

The car has only done 23k and is still under warranty until 11/20. Next service is due in 2 months. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login