Discover Pro update

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant

johnerz
B1
Passat model: B8 2.0 TDI 150 B

Re: Discover Pro update

Post by johnerz » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:13 pm

Sadly I’ve just spend a few hours today with this, normally I’m ok with tech stuff but this is beating me up, I’ll try again and post back
B8 2017 Estate 150 BHP Business SE

v3burn
still on the production line
Passat model: B8 RLine 190 DSG

Post by v3burn » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:24 pm

not sure about the size issue, but you will need to copy the existing files to your PC for safe keeping, then format the SD card rather than copy the files over the top, that should work ok then.
I have the standard sat nav and this works for me with no issues, assume its the same for the pro version! ?

smilie121
B4
Passat model: B8 GT DSG 230bhp

Post by smilie121 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:38 pm

What I did was dump all the files off my suppled VW 16Gb SD card onto a folder on the PC incase I needed to revert

I used the Discover app and it detected the SD card (selected option where I already owned a SD card). It then downloaded a 23gb (approx) zip file, extracted and copied it to the 16Gb - so it must omit certain files, guessing languages or graphics so maybe its a single download file and customised by the app????)

Plugged into car, just as before except it has a few newer roads and has updated version.

Also don't need to put a space in between first and second part of post code, save swapping keyboard screens

johnerz
B1
Passat model: B8 2.0 TDI 150 B

Post by johnerz » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:34 pm

I made numerous attempts before I managed to update, eventually I just extracted and then copied over, very simple when not using the VW software to do the job for me #:-s

I’d not admit in public how many failed attempts, but it was far more than the amount of fingers I stuck up to VW :D [youtube][/youtube]
B8 2017 Estate 150 BHP Business SE

smilie121
B4
Passat model: B8 GT DSG 230bhp

Post by smilie121 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:45 pm

Doesnt look good on VW

I used the discover app and inserted my official VW SD card into the PC. App detected and downloaded a 23gb file

It backed up my SD card to the PC and proceeded to fill it again (card is only 16GB). I can only assume the remainder of the 23gb file contains other languages.

Like yourself map updated and shows new version in the head unit which is all I care about - and no longer needing to put in space between post codes. Bonus in swapping keyboard screens.