b8 Parking brake update question

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

vince47
Passat model: B8

b8 Parking brake update question

Post by vince47 »

My Sept SE Business went in for service last week. The paperwork said they also applied updates:
46G7 Criterion 6 and 64e4 Criterion 1. Googling I think one is assoc. with the EPB.
Was in a stop start queue of traffic yesterday and twice in pulling away the brake didn't release. Crounch noise. Pressed clutch and tried again and it released. Never had that before. Started looking at the display today. Up to now the only brake related display I've seen is the red one when I lift the parking brake lever. Today however I see an identical green one appears each time I stop having pressed the brake. It stops the car rolling so brakes are on but not its not the rear wheel motorised brakes as there is no noise. When I pull away, depress clutch, select gear (manual car) and about the time I touch the accelerator pedal the green light goes out. I think, but not sure, that when I cant pull away as the brakes stay on, the green light stays on, but am not sure.
Googling again I have found one or two others having the same difficulty.
Anyone know if either of those 2 fixes affect the EPB? Seems that way as no problem before fixes applied & new green light on dashboard.
Anyone have this problem?
Pity they didn't leave it as it was as when traffic lights change & I don't pull away I am going to get a rear bump one day .
Any thoughts on the above, esp. why was a software fix needed.
Thanks, Vince

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login