16 plate passat 2.0 tdi cold running performance

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

vwpsst16
Passat model: B8 se

16 plate passat 2.0 tdi cold running performance

Post by vwpsst16 »

Hi.
just bought a June 2016 passat 2.0 tdi se business ,manual gearbox , from dealer. salesman drove on test drive for first 2 miles . I drove from that point . I couldn't fault it when I drove . However the following day and subsequent day I noticed that upon leaving the drive - having started the engine from cold : starting obviously in first gear , which is ok , then having engaged second there seemed to be a slight misfire. it happened at more or less the same point on road both times {its uphill but not an extreme hill by any means} . when salesman drove off the forecourt i got the feeling something didn't seem right but just put it down to his driving . I checked the engine before the test drive and it was cold . once its gone half mile -3/4 mile it runs ok . I've booked Into dealer next week but wondered if anyone has noticed any issues with cold running ? - {as I don't doubt they will try and fob me off at the dealers next week ].

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login