Airbag Error

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant

Smudge
still on the production line
Passat model: B8

Airbag Error

Post by Smudge » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:09 pm

Been a prat and turned the ignition on while the passenger airbag switch was disconnected while wiring in a dashcam. Now the Airbag Error is constantly on. Is this a dealer job or anyone know any other tricks to reset it?

bakili
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: MK7 Golf

Re: Airbag Error

Post by bakili » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Needs clearing fault with vcds or obd eleven

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Smudge

Post by Smudge » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Thanks for the reply, I thought that may be the case. How useful is the obdeleven, had a look online and available for about £66 with the pro activation? I'm guessing it will cost me about that for a dealer to reset it so might be worth a punt! Anyone any experience of buying them off the fleabay?

bakili

Post by bakili » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:52 pm

I bought mine from ebay. You buy direct from obd eleven on ebay, dont bother with second hand units. Where are you located? Its worth to ask anyone local can help and if they have obd eleven to show you demo. Its very usefull kit but if you dont know what you doing, you can cause a lot of issues by incorrectly codding things

Smudge

Post by Smudge » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:59 pm

Good point, I'm near Mansfield in Notts. I was thinking of buying one and then selling on if no further need for it, is there a reason for avoiding second hand?

bakili

Post by bakili » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:02 pm

Yeah, as soon you activate licence its belongs to you. You cant resale licence. I am only in Doncaster, can help if you cant find anyone more local.

Smudge

Post by Smudge » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:48 pm

Decided to buy the OBDEleven - I've got a similar tool for the other car (a Land Rover) and love the customisation it offers. Got the ODB11 and found it doesn't actually fit in the OBD plug in the car. Mines a 2017 and the ODP port is under little cubby box to the right of the steering wheel and the module won't fit due to the angle the OBD port is set at in the plastic trim, the top part of the OBD11 module catches and prevents it from being inserted. Took me about an hour of messing about but found the only way to get it plugged in was to remove the cubby box and then prise the OBD port up out of the trim. A right pain in the backside, but at least it cleared the airbag light once I got it it connected!

Only problem now is it's too much of a faff to get the OBD port back out again so I can have a play with the settings!